Friday 14 September 2012

Code Academy - Daily Classroom Tool


I know I mentioned Code Academy in a previous post but after having more experience with it in school I thought it was worth a second post. The idea of the website is fantastic and when working it is an amazing learning tool. The students can work at their own pass, it self assesses their work and they can ask for hints and help whenever they need it. We had an issue with the website not working when too many students were accessing it at the same time, although I think this was a network issue within our school as opposed to a problem with the site. It is definitively worth checking out but maybe do a small trial run before you go into a full blown lesson. I would say this is suitable for KS3, 4 & 5 due to the varying difficulties of tutorials available.


No comments:

Post a Comment