Monday 24 September 2012

Top Screen Capture Software - Daily Classroom Technology (Tool)

Screen-capture software makes common appearances throughout my lessons on both the teacher and student computers. I often use them to record my demonstrations at the front of the class so they can be accessed by the students if they forget anything. With this in mind I thought I would list my current top three:

1) Screencast-o-matic
This has been my most used for the last couple of years. Mainly due to its simplicity and the fact that it is completely web based so I can ask students to use it from home. You don't even need to log in and within seconds of launching the website you can be making your own recording.

2) ScreenCastle

Very similar to Scrrencast-o-matic, Screencastle is a completely free web based screen recording program. You do not need to sign in and you can easily pause your recording and add an optional audio input.

3) Snaggy

Snaggy allows you to edit and annotate a screen capture. It is completely web based and very easy to use. You can add text and drawings to your picture and you can even crop the image. As soon as you are finished your annotated screenshot is ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment